HCL’s celebration of National Safety Month continues with our new weekly discussion.
Prioritizing Personal Wellness
People around the world put themselves through a great deal of stress each day. Over time, the effects of strain can have a negative impact on your health. A healthy lifestyle is vital to a happy lifestyle in the home and the workplace.
Promoting your personal and professional wellness is a daily commitment. To increase your mental and physical health, practice these following tips at home or work.
- Take breaks throughout the day to refresh and revitalize your mind. If you use a computer at work, remember to stand up and stretch.
- If you look at a computer at work, remember the 20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes, pick a spot 20 ft away, and focus on it for 20 seconds to refresh your eyes.
- Find nearby exercise classes and become an active participant.
- Limit intermittent snacking – or choose healthier options!
- Get regular medical checkups – always check with your doctor about which options are best for you.
Mental Health Best Practices
Mental health is a significant portion of personal and professional wellness. Follow these mental health practices that can help you feeling fresh and vitalized.
- Sleep, sleep, sleep! Sleep is absolutely vital to promoting mental health. Turn off the TV, set your phone down, and remember that quality sleep is a quality life.
- Know your limits – listen to your feelings and remember that it’s important to take a day off from time-to-time. Let your body and mind tell you when to take a break.
- Spend less time with your phone – studies show that heavy phone and electronics usage can lead to depression.
- Limit the intake of alcohol, caffeine, and other suppressive chemicals.
For more tips on personal and professional wellness, see www.nsc.org