The National Safety Council has Declared June 2018 National Safety Month.
Throughout the month of June, the National Safety Council (NSC) and HCL Labels will be sharing information regarding certain safety topics. For the first week of June, we will discuss Emergency Preparedness in the workplace and at home.
For safety tips offered by the NSC, please view this link – www.nsc.org
Exclusive Offer – Good For All of June
In order to help promote and raise awareness to National Safety Month, HCL Labels is offering a 20% discount on all signs & labels through the entire month of June.
Use coupon code SAFETY1ST at checkout to redeem your offer.
Shop HCL Labels here: www.hclco.com
Natural and man-made disasters can cause catastrophic consequences on the general public and the workplace. Individuals and employers should create emergency plans in the event of the following disasters.
Being prepared for such events can greatly increase your chances of safety. The NSC, as well as Federal agencies recommend general safety practices that can make the world of difference in the event of a disaster.
- Ensure a family or workplace communication plan is available for training, practice, and implementation.
- Understand safety contact information in the event of a disaster wether it be employers, family, or other.
- Keep an emergency readiness kit in your home, vehicle, workplace, and other convenient locations, as well as at least three-days of food and water.
- Safely store important documents so they are readily available and unharmed.
- Assign multiple employees or family members to know CPR and other first aid capabilities.
- Understand where and how to properly shut off utilities that may be at risk during a disaster.
Planning for a natural or man-made disaster can be the difference between life-and-death. Follow the NSC guidelines at the above link and implement general safety practices in your home and workplace.